Dear Readers,

If you are reading this text, that means that you are on the old version of my blog. I have changed platforms and am now using Wordpress. You can find the updated version of my site at:

www.theshoesnobblog.com

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Balmoral Darby by Septieme Larguer - Pure Greatness!!


Don't have a lot of time for words here today folks, as is a common trend these days since we are on sale here at G&H and I find myself getting lost in customer service as I assist the salesmen in selling my shoes. But while it takes the time away from my other duties, it is definitely something to be happy about. That being, allow me to present Septieme Largeur's latest and greatest piece of footwear excellence, The Darby Balmoral! In all its glory it is one of the best darbys that I have ever seen and mainly so because of the fact that it provides a mirage of being an oxford. And those that know me well also know that I am not only weak for balmorals but also for a nice, clean plain-toe that highlights the shape of a lovely last and leaves a canvas to be appreciated without any distractions. And this lovely model does just that. Well done to my friends at SL and to all those who like me appreciate discovering unique models like this, well happy shopping!






8 comments:

  1. Hi Justin,

    Is there a difference between a darby and a derby? You used to refer to shoes with open lacing as derbies, but recently you have been calling them darbies.

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no there is not...just the difference between English English and American English....I just prefer the word darby so I started using it. The word derby reminds me of horse races...

      Delete
  2. These aren't derb.. Wait a second. Excellent design. Subtle enough to require a second glance and mind blowing when you finally notice it.

    To S, I think Darby it's the British term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all respect to SL, I don't like these ones. What's the point in derby shoes that pretend to be oxfords?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because there are people out there who might prefer the look of an oxford but have a really high instep that does not allow them to wear them...darbies are better for people with high insteps so this could be just right for them....

      Delete
  4. I'm just wondering if you know if those shoes are "whole-cut" or not. Obviously not actually whole-cut, but just the bottom part of the upper. I'm thinking it'd be a wonderful effect, but not sure if it could be pulled off with the amount of stretching I imagine it takes, and either the large opening at top, or with the large amount of stress that would have to be put on the suede and the seam between the two pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is definitely a seam at the heel...but theoretically that would still be defined as a wholecut...just not a seamless whoelcut...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails