Dear Readers,

If you are reading this text, that means that you are on the old version of my blog. I have changed platforms and am now using Wordpress. You can find the updated version of my site at:

www.theshoesnobblog.com

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bespoke Maftei In The Flesh!


A reader of the blog came in not too long ago, looking to say hi, have a quick shoe shine and try on a pair of my shoes. My last shapes (and widths) unfortunately did not agree with his feet, but luckily for my curiosity, I was finally able to see a pair of Maftei shoes in the flesh and was I thoroughly impressed by what I saw (not that I thought I wouldn't be!). Like I said before, I have always quite liked the idea of a full, heavy looking shoe but that maintains its elegance, which is quite common of the makers of Eastern side of Europe. With this shoe in particular, I loved the fact that the reader chose to have a pin grain on the whole shoe as I really feel that pin/pebble grains are far too underutilized. I can understand that one theoretically would not wear it with the majority of suits (or any for that matter), but I think that the idea of pin/pebble grain used on a shoe makes for a great casually-smart shoe. I personally would pair it with just about everything outside of a lightweight suit, but that is just me and my nature of breaking/bending the rules.... Nevertheless, the shoe was beautifully made, well-proportioned and to top it all off, had a lovely classic shape to it. A good first impression and now I look forward to seeing more!

On a separate note, to all you Londoners, a good friend of mine just opened his first establishment: a lovely French Bakery in Pimlico. If you are ever around Victoria or the likes and fancy a nice coffee or some delicious French pastries, check out Quartiers on Warwick way.....






2 comments:

  1. Dear Justin,

    I love your post very mush! Recently I bought a pair of chestnut calf Oxford from C&J. What colour of shoe wax should I apply to polish them? I'd tried light brown, it wasn't match with the colour. But dark brown seemed too strong. Would you mind giving me some suggestion?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails