Dear Readers,

If you are reading this text, that means that you are on the old version of my blog. I have changed platforms and am now using Wordpress. You can find the updated version of my site at:

www.theshoesnobblog.com

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Burnished Toe

Shoes by Edward Green...

I remember when the toes of dress shoes was quickly becoming all of the rage. Every single Italian maker was doing it and it was almost as if you couldn't find a shoe that did not have a burnish on it, at least in the States. Like most things, it seemed to be a fad, one that would pass as time went on, yet to this day, while not as prevalent, I still see it and have many shine customers asking for a bit of toe darkening. While I used to love it, it's now hard to understand how I feel about it i.e. deciding on whether it will make a shoe nicer looking or ruin it's beauty? It's a tough thing to understand without actually doing it, but I can't lie about the fact that it adds a nice element to the shoe that would obviously not be there without it. Thinking about it now, I also think that the nicety if ut and complementing factors will depend on the color of the leather...As a burnish is dark, I feel that it looks better on something that allows it to blend naturally. Like on this shoe, it transitions quite nicely, from a lighter vamp, to a medium shade bottom of the toe cap, to the tip getting much darker. But on a tan shoe, that burnish is not as gradual. It will go from tan, to dark and if not done properly can look quite harsh.....

I want to thank everyone that has ordered my shoes thus far. I do truly appreciate all of the support and can't wait to actually get the pairs to you so that I can know that people around the world are wearing shoes with my brand in it. What a great feeling that will be!!

To all those that still wish to make a pre-order but have yet to, you still have one week today to do so. Please check the post below the logo and read the post entirely before ordering.

Thanks to all for your continued support!!

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob "





2 comments:

  1. That's a bloody good shine nevertheless.

    I agree with you, it looks a bit odd on a tan coloured shoe but I think this kind of burnished toe will look good on say your deep merlot shoes!

    D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails