Dear Readers,

If you are reading this text, that means that you are on the old version of my blog. I have changed platforms and am now using Wordpress. You can find the updated version of my site at:

www.theshoesnobblog.com

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

Friday, December 21, 2012

Bespoke Berluti's.....To Die FOR!


Let's get this out in the open: Berluti shoes are beautiful. However, I find that their RTW prices are simply not justified for blake-stitched construction. I would much rather go MTO G&G plus trees for £1000. BUT, their goodyear welted bespoke shoes are simply and utterly INCREDIBLE!!!! I finally had the pleasure of handling one not too long ago, and everything about them was phenomenal. The leather was a breeze to shine, the construction and finishing were flawless and the pattern beautiful. It was a work of art that made me envious of the owner. Luckily he was a size UK10 so the act of thievery was out of the question ;-)....One day I will go for a Berluti shoe, just to say that I have tried one....probably will be the same day that I buy a John Lobb, which as they are both around £1000 most likely won't be for awhile. Nevertheless, I will look forward to continuing appreciating lovelies like these....if you have a bespoke Berluti, don't hesitate to send me pics as I would love to see more!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. As a reminder, my eBay shop will be closed for the Christmas holiday from the 24th until the 27th, commencing again on the 28th.

Best,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"


3 comments:

  1. Truly, the one thing I love about bespoke shoes of this standard, like a bespoke shirt from Charvet or Alex Kabbaz, is how the stitching is near invisible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, they really are quite stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Benjy - Indeed....good point!

    OwenB - thanks for sharing!

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails