Dear Readers,

If you are reading this text, that means that you are on the old version of my blog. I have changed platforms and am now using Wordpress. You can find the updated version of my site at:

www.theshoesnobblog.com

Sincerely,

Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Random Thoughts

For my 201st post since my beginning as The Shoe Snob, I wanted to reflect on how it came to be that I am here writing this and how it has evolved since the beginning. It's funny to think about being young and thinking about what you might become when you get older but let me tell you, it almost never turns in to the way you planned it. I never thought that I would be living in Europe, specifically England, working on Savile Row, being married to an Italian woman (from Italy), and most of all, writing a blog. I remember when the word blog first came around, I think that it might have been during my early years at university, and I always thought to myself, 'what the hell is a blog?'

But here I am now, writing on my blog as we speak, doing all of these things that I never thought I would do and ultimately having fun living this crazy adventure called 'life.' All that I can say is that I am truly happy that I started this blog. In the beginning, I started it for 2 reasons: to gain customers before I launched a shoe line and to voice my opinion on things that I found beautiful and atrocious within the shoe industry. But it has become so much more than that now. I get a chance to help people who have questions and may not know how to find an answer, a chance to inspire individuals who may have dreams similar to mine or any dreams for that matter, a chance to show the world the beautiful shoes that may be hard to find and ultimately a chance to share, as well as learn. And, like always, I have to thank my readers, all of you, for without my readers, I would have lost inspiration. But knowing that there are people who look to see what I post next and who personally write me for answers to their questions, I can go on knowing that I am helping, inspiring, and ultimately providing visual pleasure for the shoe fans of the world!

Thanks to my readers,

The Shoe Snob

It would not be a post without a picture of some shoes: Shoes by Magnanni

10 comments:

  1. Hey Justin. I know just what you mean. Life has a funny way of turning on a dime and taking you somewhere you never thought you'd be.All we can do is follow our dreams and pursue our happiness. which has led me to to shoemaking, and a kinship of sorts with you. BTW, what style are those Magnannis. I really like whole cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin,

    Congrats on your 201 post!! As you know, I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to each new one. This really a great resource.
    Keep up the great work and here's to another 201 post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry V - Give me a sec to find out what style they are. I think that they might be MTO's, but am not completely positive. I will contact my connect to see if he can help out. Thanks for words, and I wish you the best in your quest.

    T. Stepat - Thanks for the kind words. Truly happy that you enjoy the blog.

    -Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry V. - Just confirmed with my connection that they are MTO's and are not regularly stocked so he does not have any info regarding a style name. Sorry about that.

    -Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a fan of your posts. You are my official shoe go to guy. And I have been buying great shoes for a while.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. GWH - Thank you sir! Any news on that guest post?

    -Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Justin, I've discovered your blog while searching opinions about some brands of shoes. Since then(a couple of weeks ago) I've read almost all your post and I discovered how little I knew about shoes. It's been a blast to read and learn!

    If you alow me one quick question: are this Magnanni shoes any good? I've never heard of them before but checking their site I've seen some nice styles.

    Thanks for the very entertaining read your blog offers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous - I am very happy to know that you have learned many things from my blog and have enjoyed it as well along the way. This is why I started my blog, to help educate people and show them things that you could not elsewhere.

    As far as the Magnanni shoes go, yes they are quite good. Obviously they have different lines. Some are blake construction and the others are goodyear welted. The leathers are good for what they are so, in reality they are not the best, but they are relatively good for the price.

    Hope that this helps,

    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the promptitude of the answer!

    I will surely continue to read your materials. I had no ideea how ignorant I was when it comes to shoes before discovering your blog.

    Have a great weekend!

    Valeriu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Valeriu, Enjoy your week.

    -Justin, "The Shoe Snob"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails